View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 06:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Don't mix vyvanse and zoloft(sertraline)

Do NOT take vyvanse and zoloft together. I'm prescribed Zoloft (75mg) and used to take vyvanse every now and then when a friend had extra. It would always make me focus, more energy, all the good effects from it. Until last night. I took the 40mg vyvanse around 10am, went to work all was good. Came home ate dinner and then went to go watch TV. Well all of a sudden my heart started beating really fast. I didn't think much of it because it was pretty cold in my house. After about 3 hours of it beating faster and faster, i started to get concerned. So i started looking up the interactions of the two drugs. Turned out i had serotonin syndrome. At first i didn't believe it. Then i almost passed out, started losing muscle control and i couldn't make a full sentence come out of my mouth. Then seeing that a lot of the cases end up fatal.. well that's when i went to the hospital. It's a good thing i got there in time. They gave me a benzo to relax me and an IV to flush the drugs out. That happened about 7 hours ago. I just got home from the hospital and wanted to warn everyone to not mix the two! Even if it's worked in the past (it worked for me all the time), it's not worth the risk. If you are having symptoms of SS, seek help immediately!!
mmmnnnggg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote