View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 08:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Improper procedure for crowns on front six teeth

My son who was 21yrs. old had a broken front tooth and some cavitys on other front teeth. We went to a dentist to be evaluated and were told that he would need crowns on all 6 upper front teeth. Trusting that this would be the best procedure for the issues we had the work done. The cost of the work was over $9,000. With this being said, within 2 months of having the crowns done, several of the crowns broke off. The first time the crown broke the dentist replaced crown at no charge. Second time charged us $800.00 and the third time we were told that we would have to pay the full amount to replace or pay $300 and they would super glue the piece of crown back on. Well this didn't sit well with me and we declined both options and went to my dentist for a second opinion on why these crowns kept breaking. I also had the dentist who did the crowns send original w-rays and all documentation of all work that was done on my son to my dentist to review. We come to find out that the crowns that were put on were metal crowns and super bulky and not fitted correctly and they would all need to be replaced. I contacted the original dentist and told them all six crowns needed to be replaced and I wanted to have the work done at my dentist and i would like to be reimbursed for the original work. Waited and waited for them to return my calls and didn't call me back for over 1 1/2 months. When they did call back they wanted to reevaluate my sons crowns and were not open to reimbursing me. I voiced to them that they needed to reimburse me or I would get an attorney involved and had the documentation from my dentist on the terrible work that was done. My dentist & original dentist spoke on the phone to compare notes and i received a phone call stating they were willing to reimburse me for all expenses but I would have to sign off on a statement that said they were in no way at fault nor was their work and they would not be financially responsible for any future work relating to these 6 teeth. Since then, my son needs several root canals on two of the front teeth, due to the teeth being filed down so small that the roots are compromised and causing infection. My question is, seeing that we're not done fixing what was done wrong and I will have more dental expenses.. do I sign off and take the money and deal with the expenses moving forward or not sign off and try and legally get this resolved? I've also attached a photo of his teeth when the origial crowns were removed.
Attached Thumbnails
Improper procedure for crowns on front six teeth-2013-01-07_10-13-36_45-jpg  
KCast08 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote