View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 09:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default hypothyroidism and neuropathy

Hello. I havebeen visiting the neuropathy board and MS boards. I have a terrible long mix of symptoms and conditions. I do not feel that doctors are helping mee 2 years has almost gone by, and I feel symptoms are getting worse, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism 7-8 yeard ago and started on Synthroid. The dose was changed a couple of times. At that time I had a attentive PCP, but she since has keft the medical practice.
I have not focused on the endocrine side of the picture, because there has been so many other things going on.
I had migrane headaches, MRI showed demyelinating brain lesions, Had cerebral aneurysm, and 2 small strokes.
Then for the last year I have developed this increasing neuropathy pain all over. It is burning outside and inside. I mean also in mucous membranes. I have numbness in feet, legs and wrists.
I saw a rheumotologist, she started me on Plaquinil due to vasculitis. She also said I might have small fiber neuropathy. EMG negative.
But all blood tests for autoimmune disorders are negative, except ANA positive sometimes.
I have a constant feeling of vibration or fine tremmors inside in addition to the constant burning. I do not have alchoholism, diabetes or HIV.
So my next question is: could some of this neuropathy and shaking inside be due to my thyroid problems?? I do not understand that the PCP doctor could not have guided me so I could have gone to an endocrenologist and have this checked out. Right now, the doctors are not realy taking any notice. The tremors inside is getting worse, and I have a feeling the doctors think I am cracy, so I do not mention it. I am just worried. I am going to start researching, and find a endocrenologist. ( I never saw one) Any suggestions??
Synnove is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote