View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 11:32 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I am going to ask again... What drugs do you take?

There is a growing list of medications that cause drug induced lupus. This is very painful and I am recovering from a crisis, myself.

Here is a partial list:
http://www.lupus.org/webmodules/weba...=377&zoneid=17
Added to this list recently is lisinopril.

And if you are on an ACE inhibitor drug... burning all over, and swelling can be due to build up of bradykinin in the body. When released by certain triggers.... it is a terrible thing indeed.

Drug induced lupus does not raise ANA as a rule.

Hypothyroidism can result in the deposit of mucin (a mucin based polysaccharide) in the tissues, and this can cause compression in the feet and hands of the nerves running under the ligaments in the feet and hands. Not likely to be affecting the skin all over as you describe.

And also if you took antibiotics in the fluroquinolone family (Cipro, Levaquin, Avelox) in the past, you could have nerve damage. Flagyl damages too, but is not in this family.
If you take statins for cholesterol, those also damage nerves.

Vaccines also are capable of damaging nerves as a side effect.

Plaquenil is a known causer of neuropathic pain.
http://www.druginformer.com/search/s...eripheral.html
Doesn't happen to everyone, but it is reported.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote