Thread: Bidet
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 03:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie D View Post
I have a delicate ? about how bidets work...if it's cleaning your backside, how does it keep from splashing what it's cleaning into other "orifices"? I would always worry about getting infections in other "regions."
Sorry if this is too TMI...I was always curious about how bidets work.
Glad this thread exists...learning a lot already!
This bidet has little "arms" that extend on command. There are three buttons to push. One aimed at the feminine area, one for the tush and one that is a harder stream aimed at encouraging a BM. I CHOOSE what function I want to use. Mine also has up and down options so that it hits the proper area. I adjusted it for my use. DH likes the old fashioned way of wiping. Think of it as using water v. toilet paper.

I urinate or defecate, or both. Then I push a button and I can hear the arm extending. Then the water begins to splash my selected private part. When I am done with this function, I press the "stop" button, water stops, does a self clean and retracts. It only does one part at a time so maybe I take a few seconds on the first rinse and then a few seconds on the second area. The arm sprays the water, it is not in contact with my skin so splashing feces onto the arm has probably been technologically "fixed."

In terms of infections, I do not think it is an issue. I base this on the fact that bidets are used in Japan and Europe. Processing waste with TP takes a certain kind of treatment. Different countries treat their waste products differently.

Also, if infections were an issue I think there would be an "invention" by now or else no one would use a bidet.

Amazing difference in how it makes me feel, the odor has been virtually eliminated. For me, the bidet is like a little shower feature in the toilet rather than having to deal with a full fledged all over clean of my body.

Plus if you live in cold weather, that warm seat is WONDERFUL!

The only function that takes a long time is the dryer. It is just like the ones found in public bathrooms where it seems to take forever to rub my hands to dry. I find that I use TP to dry and then push the air just for an extra dry. Or I just sit there, blow dry and do Suduko.

How'd I do? Answer your question or not quite?
Aarcyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (02-08-2013), Ceci (02-15-2013), Debbie D (02-10-2013), Judy2 (02-09-2013), SallyC (02-08-2013), tkrik (02-08-2013)