View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 07:08 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hi keepingfaith,
Daughter actually has a few other health issues. Her symptoms have just been put down to her other conditions which is possible, but something just hasn't been making sense and nothing she's been treated with or any advice she's received have left her feeling any better and she has so much to do!

Last straw for me was last week her doctor decided that she should see a psychologist as her anxiety might be the cause of it all. She does have some anxiety (runs in the family) but I'm not convinced it's causing all these issues.

As I said, she's a young adult. She also has an extremely heavy study load at university, but so do thousands of people. Because she's got these other health issues it's all been very confusing but she just hasn't been getting better so this was a bit of a light bulb moment.

She'd also had Epstein Barr Virus a few years back.

Of course, she's not been tested for gluten sensitivity at this point in time so this is just a trial. It was just so astounding to see her skin areas change so drastically! She is ecstatic and I was dumbfounded. I will be ecstatic if I see her with some energy again. It's only been a very short time obviously so I'm really hoping like anything that some of her other issues will get better as well. We'll see.

She's always testing with borderline Ferritin.
borderline B12
She's always fatigued.
Always tired. More tired than I am. Wakes up as if she's not had any sleep at all and that's not because of study. That's whether she's up half the night or not.
Nausea
Aches and pains
Headaches
She doesn't really have any real bowel issues.

She has a good diet and takes supplements. Quite slim in build. As a very little girl she always had a big tummy but we found out she only had one kidney working and two mega ureters. Meaning the urine was pooling in her ureters rather than leaving fast to the bladder. Doctors put her bloated look down to that. ??

She attempts to exercize more but has to build that up because 3/4 hour in the gym seems to leave her almost bedridden for days. ugh

family history. Well, I'm not gluten sensitive that I know of but I'm doing this with her just to make life more simple for me. Eating gluten free is not a simple feat!

My son, however, is on autism spectrum. He's almost 2 years older than her. He wasn't diagnosed correctly until his early teens. He did have eczema as a toddler. I thought at first he was allergic to the lambs wool car seat cover because his patches were mostly on the areas which were exposed to it. He also had the occasional asthma problems. All of which he grew out of quite early. I made so many, many dietary changes for him when he was a child, but never thought about gluten way back then. I wish I had.

Edited to add later: I just remembered that my son had giardiasis when he was somewhere between 1 and 2. It's some type of parasite. We were in drought here and the water levels were very low. I recall the doctor at the time saying it was affecting a lot of children. Obviously a contaminated water supply. That gave him diarrhea and bloating etc.. All went away after treatment.

I'm just a novice at this so hopefully some of the regulars from this forum will read your msg and respond as well.

Don't know if that is any help to you at all. I'm sorry I'm not more knowledgeable about this gluten sensitivity issue. I have read a lot over the years but just hadn't put two and two together before now regarding my daughter and her current issues or her pre-existing conditions.

Last edited by Lara; 02-08-2013 at 07:54 PM.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote