View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 02:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi elle:

Frustrating isn't it - not to mention expensive if you live in the states.

Having been stuck in limboland for years, there are days when I want a dx, any dx. Three times I asked my FP (family doctor) for a referral to a gastroenterologist because of pain, vomiting, fainting, incontinence/retention. Three times he refused. I finally got the referral from the MS neuro in Ottawa, no questions asked. Maybe it's just IBS, but I don't think so, and after the colonoscopy from he##, I want answers. My FP doesn't know about the referral and I don't care. In the end we are our own advocates. BT has been a lifeline and a great source of info for me.

What sort of symptoms are you struggling with elle? Can your PC treat the symptoms for you?

Since 5% of MSer's don't show lesions, I have often wondered how many of us on BT in limboland fall into that category. I was so sure I was going to be discharged from the MS clinic because three MRI's were negative for lesions, just showed atrophy of the CC and cereral hemisphere. I have clinical signs. The MS neuro just smiled and said she has a lot of patients with negative MRI's and that doctor's don't know everything.

Good luck with the blood work - let us know how you are doing!
cricket52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote