View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 10:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Lara!
Thanks... That makes sense and kind of helps.
My contacts have worked out great!

When my tics were bad before, it was extremely bad. I couldn't drive, couldn't work. I dropped out of school partially because of it because I couldn't drive and could not handle how impaired I was. I have learned to work around my tics since then. It was understandable that she would act that way when I was still learning about tics and discovering how my tics worked. Back then, I was helpless. I was dependent upon my parents for a while. There were days when all I could do was sit in the recliner because of t. So yes, I understand why she had to take charge then. Now is a different story.
When I drive, my tics become very vocal if they are very bad. And when I'm in a setting where I feel the need to be quiet, the motor tics are more prominent. I've learned how to manage things. I've learned that I can live my life as I would without, even though I'm living with.
I just need her to realize that she isn't living in this shell of constant movement and noisiness. So, she doesn't know how it really is. She doesn't know what's really happening.
I mean, there are times when she will comment that I seem to not really have had any tics for a while and I wonder where the heck she has been or who in the world she has been looking at! Lol!

Anyway... Ya...

More of an update, I told my doctor she was crazy. I don't know if you remember me saying she wanted me to get Botox for my eyes. I told her there was no way I would ever consider it. I'd rather live with the squenching. I actually stopped that not long afterwards, too.

I bought my own house. My sister and I are living together. It's a lot of fun. A whole new experience, that's for sure. It feels good to move forward and Teton with a normal life and feel independent again.
jnt1989 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (02-09-2013)