View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 11:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

soccertese,

You write "you really didn't read my last post". Of course I hadn't when I submitted my post. If you had checked, you would have seen that my post was just 4 minutes after yours. So, I was writing my reply to your original post when you made your later post.

You write "i've tried about every supplement out there, far more than you have i suspect". I'm sure that you're right: I've probably taken supplements on fewer than 50 days since being diagnosed nearly 8 years ago. Though whether taking supplements is a good thing is another matter. It just goes to show that all of us act on limited data, and all of us have an interest in better quality data.

Your idea of measuring the impact of orange juice on Sinemet is a good one. I look forward to reading your results. You ask:
"so the question is how long after taking your meds do you start finger tapping and at what time intervals?"
I would advise starting the test at least 30 minutes BEFORE taking the meds. This let's you form a baseline. I would recommend time intervals of 10 minutes, this allows the area under the curve (AUC) to be estimated. The outcomes are indeed complicated, but if I had to choose one metric, it would be AUC.

I'm glad that you now see the benefits that come from PwP measuring their symptoms.

John
johnt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote