Thread: Iontophoresis
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 12:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I tried iontophoresis. Got very minor relief. Got a burn because I bumped the electrode and didn't know it broke connection, or something, and kept zinging me for the duration of the treatment... . Didn't hurt that bad, but caused a burn effect. Oh we'll. got over that with a little scar as a reminder.

It's often a problem with communication or lack of understanding of TOS by providers. Maybe the pain mgmt doc has your best interest at heart. He may be trying to save you money and risk of harm. Blocks are not without risk.

Even my best doctors found treating all my problems challenging.

I had to think my way through things and make notes for upcoming visits, for both of us.

Write down complaints, questions and concerns. Stay focused. Check them off when you're satisfied or have a better understanding.

If it's a healthcare professional you find helpful, please listen to what they are trying to tell you. What they may be trying to tell you may not register at the time of your visit, or you're not prepared to address that issue. It may not be the fix but they may be trying to get you to another level of relief. It took a long time to peel the layers away for me.

I hope you find someone you have confidence in...

(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (02-11-2013)