View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 07:18 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

What you say is true. NO doctors inform their patients of the possibility of arachnoiditis -- at least none that I'm aware of. I've had 3 surgeries, and had every single thing a pain clinic can do, DONE - plus I've been thru 3 pain clinics so obviously I've had all these things done several times and not ONCE did any doctor mention arachnoiditis to me.

I'm sure there are thousands of people "out there" who have it, who are not being treated properly and who are in agony just like you. It's UNACCEPTABLE. If these drug addicts can get drugs, then legitimate pain patients ought to be able to get medication LEGALLY and in the PROPER DOSAGE too!! This just makes me so darn mad! I'm tired of doctors around here anyway, saying they're afraid of the DEA so they won't prescribe pain medications. WHAT? What happened to the idea of treating the patient and "first do no harm?" By NOT giving pain patients medications, they ARE harming the patient!

I could go on and on about this -- but I won't. We all feel the same way.

I'm so sorry you're having to suffer this terrible disease. My heart goes out to you -- I hope and pray you find someone who has compassion and a HEART who will treat you the way you deserve to be treated! God bless you and please keep us posted, will you? We DO care! Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (02-16-2013), snowlily (06-21-2013)