View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 07:55 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubious View Post
It sounds like you already have peripheral neurological issues. So I would want to know what positive changes could possibly occur by performing invasive studies like EMG/NCV? When I had mine done, my shoulder and arm were almost completely numb due to the nerve damage so I never felt the needles giong in. If you are hypersensitive, I can't imagine it feeling very good! As far as spread...maybe; I don't know. You should really talk to a PM doc who is very well versed in CRPS.

I guess my point is that you should not embark upon anything invasively new unless such test will likely dramatically have value towards changing your situation for the better. Should your doc only want the studies done for academic considerations and will not change the course of care, then why risk it? If CRPS is truly your diagnosis, it is not likely to get a whole lot better, but it can surely get eons worse under someones care who is not knowlegable!
I have no feeling in some spots in the top of my foot. and I have been working on desensitization, but since the spreading the hypersensitivity has gotten worse. I am hoping after working more on that it will get better! I am not sure why he wants the test done or what good the test will be, which is why the question.
Angelina
Angelina55 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote