View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 09:42 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Question MS Hug / Breathing Issues

Does anyone who deals with the "hug" also have a difficult time getting a good, deep breath?

I wouldn't call this "shortness of breath"......it's just more difficult to get a satisfyingly deep breath. Kind of like stopping a yawn before it's all finished. That feeling of not quite getting the whole thing.

Whenever I deal with the "hug" I have a nagging pain in my right side right below my underarm and above my waist. Feels like sort of a "catch" you get in your side when you run too much (haven't done that in years ).

It's much more noticeable when I lie down and especially on my side. So, I sleep on my back 99% of the time. Tried using another pillow but that just made it worse. Seems the more my head is inclined the worse it gets.

Does anybody else deal with this and, if you do, what has worked for you in terms of helping these symptoms?
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (02-09-2013), SallyC (02-09-2013), tkrik (02-09-2013)