Thread: Who Loves Art
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 03:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Art gets through to people faster and deeper than politics

This thread about beauty is the creation of Bluedahlia; in a site about suffering, she posted page after page of stunning beauty. And 29,000 pageviews: 29,000 clicks for beauty, on a forum that deals with suffering and cruel death. We need art and truth and wonderment as much as we need sinemet.

My wife and I lived on a Reservation and have been active for 40 years with Innu and Inuit; that is our first cause; Parkinson’s comes next. Now I am mixing the two: I understand why, for example, Igloolik has a suicide rate 10 times higher than average; tuberculosis 14 times more… but I do not understand why Inuit would have double the rate of Parkinson’s, and I intend to find out.

I have been busy in “Idle No More”, an ongoing protest movement originating among some Aboriginal people in Canada

It’s a dangerous racial political football that Canada keeps fumbling, so I consciously chose Bluedahlia’s method: lash out with beauty and humanity.

We gathered 15 videos, hoping that Canadians will SEE the native people they are spurning, just as we want People With Parkinson’s to be visible, to be SEEN as human beings, not just stared at as aberrations.

http://parkinsonsdance.blogspot.com/...hapter-50.html

Please pass it on if you see fit. It’s about Beauty.

Look back at the artwork Bluedahlia posted here. You can’t get angry and destructive when confronted by beauty. Art gets through to people faster and deeper than politics. People are hungry for food for the soul. The pre-verbal; below intellect and below ideas, and below words; yes, even below emotions: there is the pre-verbal. That’s where we are hurt and that is where we must heal.

If that is just a placebo effect, please, please bring on every placebo you can find.
Bob Dawson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluedahlia (02-10-2013), ginnie (04-27-2013), jesslily (04-19-2013)