View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 03:54 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Default questions

Thanks glenntaj.

Just have a couple of questions today. Trying to get it sorted... So Celiac disease is an auto-immune disease, and gluten sensitivity is more of a generalized immune reaction to gluten?

Anxiety. I didn't realize that anxiety and depression are so common in people who are gluten sensitive.

Also... Daughter has just finished a six week course of B12 injections. The doctor has now suggested that as she's still not feeling better then she needs to see a psychologist because the B12 should have made her feel better. ??? She's made the appt. but I'm thinking she should cancel it for the time being. Sheesh. However, we don't want to be making wrong decisions here because we're doing our own detective work.

The more I read though the more I see so much fits together with the gluten. If someone came to me with all these symptoms in a young woman, wouldn't the brain automatically think that there's something wrong in the body, rather than automatically think there's something going on with her emotions that needs some sort of therapy and that it's her emotions that are causing the physical signs and symptoms? ugh

Last question for the moment... She's due for an HepB booster this week. She either has this now or she has to re-do the whole series prior to January of 2014 because of her career/studies. She's had everything except this last one. I'm not sure it's such a good thing to be having at this very moment. Any comments?

I also wondered if being gluten sensitive is caused by a trigger rather like an allergy. Some people develop allergies or sensitivities to mango for example by being exposed to the sap. They can eat mangoes all their lives but suddenly after being exposed they have allergic reaction. Is gluten like that? Can one eat it for a long time, but then maybe an overload of gluten can trigger this sensitivity?

Oh how I wish I'd learned more from FJ and dw years and years back when they were talking cytokines. !

Last edited by Lara; 02-09-2013 at 07:36 PM. Reason: corrected a word
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote