View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 02:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Well, I wasn't attempting to address that specific issue with your brain, only to suggest that permanently giving up on martial arts *may* not be necessary.

At one point I decided to just give up on training myself. It had gotten to the point where almost any physical activity, even going to the grocery store, would trigger migraines. Bad ones, lasting several days, sometimes requiring an emergency room visit. It was particularly bad since I would not know if I crossed the line and done too much until it was too late. So I stopped training altogether.

Eventually the headaches backed off a little, and I became brave enough to attempt workouts. Lately I have been doing 2-3 short sessions a week. Just enough to stay in some kind of shape.

Also, no-one is suggesting it will be a quick recovery. I have been battling these problems for 36 years. I would not be surprised if I continued this way the rest of my life. So, just hang in there, somehow, and I hope someone can figure out your specific problem.
  • MIGRAINE HEADACHES
  • INSOMNIA
  • ANGER & SELF-CONTROL (going "Frontal")
Kenjhee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SpaceCadet (02-10-2013)