View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 08:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drevy View Post
What brand of cough syrup do you take. I also take 4.5mg of Naltrexone every night and find in a pain to get a Rx from a doctor I rarely visit. Do you think I can exchange it for dextromethorphan.?
Hello, John.
Welcome to Neurotalk!
I currently use Children's Robitussin Cough, Long Acting. The concetration of dextromethorphan hydrobromide in this preparation is 7.5mg /5ml (1tsp), as with all of the DXM pediatric syrups I have used over the years. I take approximately 1/2tsp at bedtime every night.
As to switching over to DXM from LDN, that would be entirely your decision. All I can tell you is that I have experienced apparently very gradual progression of my PD symptoms. I have, with my Movement Disorder Neurologist's approval, increased the dosage of carbi/levo (generic) to one each of both 50/200 mg CR and 25/100 mg regular every 3.5 hrs., or 4X each day. As I mentioned in a recent post, I am having some fairly mild dyskinesia, mostly in my legs.
I wish you well with our common adventure!
Robert

Last edited by RLSmi; 02-10-2013 at 08:50 AM. Reason: further defined my Dxm dosage
RLSmi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Drevy (02-11-2013), Lemonlime (02-12-2013)