View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 11:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused NEW BOY. Shunt info/advice needed

Hello folks.
I'm looking for advice. I had 90% of a meningioma tumour removed in June2012. Recovered and released 2 month later . Remaining effects are numb left foot and fluid in head plus some lack of co-ordination and spacial awareness.. Also get dizzy and headaches when bending over and occasionally a square blue flashing in one eye lasting a few minutes Consultant is going to operate on me next week and insert a shunt(lumbar I think). After seeing a TV programme based in a Neuroscience hospital, I am concerned by some of the adverse comments and views on this procedure. Also comments on this and other medical articles.Basically, I dont want to end up with more problems than I already have. It seems alot of people suffer but if I dont have it done maybe my condition will worsen anyway.
Ive had no further seizures but would like to get rid of my floppy head and get my normal coordination etc back.
I consider myself lucky compared to some people but I dont want to push my luck.
Any help would be much appreciated. I'm 62 and live in England and was operated on at John Radcliffe Oxford where they were excellent in their care and surgery.
Daveyboy27 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote