Thread: Mestinon
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 12:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Abby,

Thank you for your response. So I have had an EMG with the shocks and the needle, but I have not had the SFEMG. I will inquire with my Neurologist about this.

I did have the anti-MuSK test and the anti-AChR test and tested negative for both of those.

I found a link on neurotalk to lizajane.org and will be creating all of those spreadsheets prior to my appointment on Tuesday. It's a wonderful website for anyone who hasn't been to it.

My other issue is that it hurts to push on my stomach right below where my rib cage comes together. This pain has increased over the past week or so. I did go to the ER for chest pains and they thought it might be GI related. I have not had any GI tests. I have seen a pulmo and do have some pulmo issues that I will be following up on - my lungs are not affected but my muscles are affected. I am going to inquire about a phrenic nerve test - this has previously been brought up to me.

Has anyone had GI issues related to their Neuropathy or MG and do you know of any specific questions I should ask or tests I should request? I feel that I'm hitting a point where I need to follow up on this.

One more question. I feel like my strength is all gone. Is there any way to test for muscle strength or to see if my muscles are gone? I do know that I am losing weight but I feel that I am eating well. I would like to inquire about this as well.

Thank you all for your help with this. This is such a huge learning process, I am amazed at everything you all have had to learn as you have gone through this.

All my best.

Hankster1
hankster1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
StephC (02-16-2013)