View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 01:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Diagnosis: Sciatica and- (my addition) Incontinence

This whole thing started with a head cold. After two weeks I was feeling pretty well and then was slammed with the worst sore throat ever. Next my left arm ached, like I had slept on it wrong. Next day, spasms in mid back. Had to hold on to walls to walk. Arm feels worse. Can't lift it anywhere near my shoulder. Go to Medstop and they give me pain pills and a muscle relaxer. They diagnose me with strep (remember the sore throat) and take a shoulder x-ray. Diagnosis from the shoulder xray is bicep tendonitis. I am a office clerk. About the only exercise I get is walking to and from work twice at day...about 2 miles. Don't know how that could have happened. Next couple days, mid back pain subsides but moves to left thigh and down my leg to knee. I can barely walk at all even with a 3 prong cane. It is excruciatingly painful. Next joy, I have now become incontinent. Try to get to bathroom but as I try, it just bursts forth. Go to my GP. By this time I must be rolled into the exam room in a wheelchair. She just talks with me. Doesn't touch me or examine me. When I tell her where my present pain is, she immediately comes up with Sciatica for a diagnosis. Nothing is addressed to the incontinence. She sends me home with a script for a lower back xray, a name of an ortho doctor and a script for Valium. Now I'm here. Can't walk or hardly stand due to the pain in my left thigh and knee and I'm sitting here wearing an adult night time diaper.

Sorry this is long but I extremely confused, frustrated and do not know where to turn next. I have been given permission for another week off at work but I don't see this fixing itself in that time. Asked my GP about short term disability but she kind of played dumb and said she didn't know much about it. I'm in CA and we have State Disability here but I have no idea how to start........but that's another topic.

Thank you for any who has taken the time to read this. I am in a world of hurt here and now I need to change my dang diaper again. It will take me about 1/2 hour to get to the bathroom across the hall.
Valleydachs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tamiloo (02-12-2013)