Thread: Am I disabled?
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 03:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I agree with Shadiyah Do Not reapply. Talk with an attorney or 2 or 3 of them. They should and will tell you if your case is strong enough to file an appeal if they will not handle it for you. If they do not think they can win your case they will not take it since they only get paid when they win. They are paid directly by Social Security and there fee is a set amount.

I am one of the odd ducks who's application was approved on the first try because I received great advice from someone who worked as an SSDI interviewer for SS.

1. First thing was that I should not file on line, it is best to let someone see who you are and what you are dealing with.
2. Do print out the online application or have SS send you one. Fill this out completely and take with you when you go for your interview.
3. Notify all of your doctors that you are filing for disability and tell them that you will either mail or bring them a completed form from Dr. X your X doctor. Your Dr. X should be your strongest advocate for filing and the two of you should complete the paperwork together. Then make copies and get them to the rest of your doctors, this way they are all saying pretty much the same thing. I did this with my PCP.
4. If there were questions you did not have the answer to get those answers back to the interviewer asap.

Mike
Brain patch (02-10-2013), Catch (02-11-2013), jprinz99 (02-11-2013), SallyC (02-10-2013)