View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 04:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Laugh

Sally and all,

I have a small company hired to clear my snow but they can't be at everyone's house first. So, when two teenage girls came and asked to do the long driveway, I didn't think they were up to it but hired them to do the front steps and the walkway out to the street. They did a great job and I paid them extra.

Later, a neighbor who is a marathoner, shoveled my front walk from property line to property line just for the exercise and the hearty, "Thank You." He noticed that the path the girls had done was not actually over the walk but over the lawn and low stone wall. So, he did a correct walk to the steps. SO got home from a walk to the neighborhood center to get newspapers and there were 2 walks to the steps with a 1 foot wide divider of snow between them.

SO knocked down the divide and put that snow into the walk the girls had done. Anyone still with me? After dark we heard a truck out front and our paid crew was here to do the driveway and walkways around the house and patio. They also widened the front walk.

So, yes, we are shoveled out by a cast of paid and volunteer workers- all well intended.

ANN
ANNagain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (02-10-2013), Kitty (02-10-2013), SallyC (02-10-2013)