View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 05:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelina55 View Post
I do not really have that much family support. They mostly think I am "strong enough to handle it on my own" is what I hear the most or that I need to learn to do it all by myself. That I shouldn't rely on others. It is kinda frustrating. I try to get them to understand but I don't think I will ever get them to "get it". My dad is great but he works out of town and he is mostly good with just words and around the house. He doesn't want to go to appointments with me. He will call and check on me everyday, and always tell me that I can do this. He reminds me that he loves me and is here for me. He has come home early a couple of times to help me out. I don't have many friends, being in chronic pain will do that. I have one who is great but she is busy and can't be there all the time. But she is great.
I am looking for a neurologist but I don't know if there are any that are experienced in CRPS or not. I live in a small town in Idaho so finding one could be difficult. I do live near Spokane, WA but I don't know if I can afford the gas to go there all the time. I see one for my migraines so I will ask her. I have an appointment with my family doctor on monday so I will talk to him about it. I think you are right about finding a doctor that will oversee everything. Having one doctor that I can go to, handle my meds. I think that will remove some stress in my life and some chaos. Everything seems so scattered right now that it is crazy to try to follow.
The weekends my pain goes down, but that is because I get to stay in bed and stay off of it and "protect" it. I only do my movement PT in bed. And I don't have to wear pants. LOL So lately my pain has been mostly at a 7 with an occasional jump to a 9, mostly when I have to be in a car or when I try to clean the house. I still get spasms when I forget my muscle relaxers and sometimes even when I take them but they are not as intense. I really think my vitamins are helping because I am seeing a difference in the intensity in my pain. Atleast I am hoping.
Angelina
Hi Angelina, Sounds like you have a good 'plan' Hopefully your family doctor or migraine doc will have a good referral for you. Don't be hesitate to ask ahead of appointment if they have knowledge and experience of crps.
Many here can relate to 'going it alone' to the doctor. It always helps me to write down my questions and general well being. That way the doctor gets the 'general' accurate picture. (I tend to gloss over how really bad things are)
Someone also mentioned doing housework in shorter intervals- rest periods. I thought that was great idea. Moving regular and doing the pt and de-sensititizing is the main thing. I'm sorry your pain levels are so high. That is really tough.
How is your little girl? I'm sure she is a huge comforter for you. It is really diffiult for friends and family to understand crps and our struggle with it's various facets. It's ups and downs is confusing to us -let alone others.
Hang in there and let us know what happens when you talk to doctors and find a neuro doc. Hope that goes well. Take care, loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote