View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 06:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Caudal ESI

The caudal ESI is an epidural steroid injection done into the caudal area of the spine - right at the butt crack if you want to get technical LOL.

I am like you in terms of pain meds and 30 years of everything tried....and I am still amazed at the relief I have gotten and still have from the caudal ESI.

I have had many ESIs, I may infact hold the world's record on lumbar and cervical and shoulder ESIs received in a lifetime. However, I never even knew about caudal ESIs....not sure why my doctor would not have tried it since my L5-S1 is severely munched. (The caudal area I believe starts in the Sacrum and looks like a tail)

I even did the rhizotomies - with no relief - but do not despair - many people have gotten incredible relief from them.....and you should count yourself blessed that you still have stuff to try.

You may want to hold the caudal ESI treatment as something you try after the rhizotomies - although I strongly believe you will get pain relief from the rhizos (think it will work - put it out there and many times your positive thoughts produce good fruit!)

Prayers go with you.

Kelli
thinkitdoit7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote