View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 07:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Wow Karen and Leesa. Thank you sooooo much for your replies. A friend had a walker she wasn't using and while the cane was good, the walker is CADILLAC! Much easier getting around.

About the incontinence, after talking to hubby about this, we have decided that it isn't TRUE incontinence where I'm leaking all the time. It's more of an issue that when I have to go.....like when I wake up....that I just can't get there fast enough. Still, the diaper makes me feel more comfortable just in case I can't make it.

Doc says due to insurance that I must have an xray FIRST before an MRI. Funny how some folks can get an MRI at the blink of an eye who have a hangnail. Ah, but don't get me started. Pain pills seems to be kicking in more today and I charted them so I don't overdo.

Leesa, I'm on the same page as you. I think a neuro doc would deal better with this than an Orthopedist. I just don't have a lot of faith in my GP right now and, indeed, may be changing docs. Fortunately I have a PPO that allows me to self-refer. I've always kind of thought with other things I went to her with that she was thinking I'm way too dramatic bordering on hypochondriac. I have some other muscle/nerve problems that I've had more than one doc say could benefit possibly from a Neurologist. Problem here is we are a small town that it takes forever to get into any doctor the first time...if they are accepting new patients at all. Also, I don't drive due to a vision disability but because I have no certification from a health provider, I'm not eligible to ride the Ride On bus that takes seniors and other "certified" disabled people to their doctors. Asked my GP about this and again she played dumb and said she didn't know how that worked getting certified for this service. So, I've got my homework cut out for me. The good news is, if I have another week to rest, perhaps....just perhaps I may be able to go back to work......as long as I can bring my Cadillac walker with me.

Now I'm off to read to see if I can give support to any here needing it. Thanks again for all your wonderful input.
Valleydachs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tamiloo (02-12-2013)