Thread: Puzzled...
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2007, 08:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrouley1 View Post
i was recently diagnosed with RSD. i had shoulder surgery and i guess the RSD came as result of it. the pain was so bad and nobody believed me when i said that i felt like someone was burning a hole thru my arm... well, nobody until i saw a dr. who knew what he was up against.

i had a shot in my neck on friday and felt instantly fabulous! the pain was gone and i was jumping around like a freak in the office . i had been so miserable that i couldn't believe the immediate results.

it has been a day and a half since the shot - ok. i was wrong. i got the shot on thursday. this memory thing is ridiculous. so it's been 2 and a half days since the shot and it is losing its effect. not only is it burning in my arm, it feels like i have a hole burning thru my upper thigh. what is THAT all about?

ang

I"ll agree with others that have said this is pretty much the "norm" with blocks - My hubby is on a oral pill that he takes in between blocks that is supposed to "extend" the effects and "carry him through" until the next block. I forget the name but will get it for you. It is NOT a miracle med but it helps with some relief. Maybe this is something you can talk with your doc about?

Also - His pain mgmt doc is getting him off the lyrica, hydrocodone, muscle relaxant he anything else he was on - with the conflicting side effects - he was having horrible mood swings, sleeping all the time or not at all, double the cramping, spasms, etc....it was a night mare - the slew of things that were going on with him. Also he said that when one takes all those meds all together they can compound or double the effects of each other - The pm doc said we were all lucky he didnt wind up dead from an overdose with everything he was on....

So they are taking him down (weaning hm off) to just the blocks, this pill, and ibupro.

HWRSD
HWRSD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote