View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 02:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cja1 View Post
We had some other strategies for addressing certain other triggers (weather changes/women's cycle issues). That I'd be happy to address either. The more that our experience could help others, the better!
I just saw this thread and am curious as to what other strategies you have discovered for addressing triggers like weather changes and women's cycle issues.

I am so happy your fiancee has had great success with GMI. The research is quite convincing and I am likely going to give it a try. I've managed to keep my pain around the 4-5/10 level over the past several years with an electrical stimulation type treatment, but have significantly more pain in the winter and am looking for some other solutions.

For prevention, I try to swim regularly and have also been eating gluten free which I think has been helpful. Stress management is also key. I've found that whenever I have a flare-up, staying positive, keeping the limb moving, and seeking social support help keep the flare-up from escalating.
crpsgradstudent is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cja1 (02-11-2013)