View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 02:21 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Hi Loretta,

Wow. I don't even know what to say. I'm so sorry that you've had to experience all of this! That being said, I am so happy to hear of your progress.

Thank you for sharing all of this with me. It gives me hope and also some perspective that I otherwise would not have. I need to spend a bit more time on this forum as I think there is a lot of good information to be found!

I sent an e-mail to one of the support group members last night. I will call both of them starting tomorrow - hopefully they will have something to offer. If not, I will continue my search one day at a time.

If I can ask, how long did you try a certain medication before deciding that it wasn't helping?

I am medically knowledgeable to some extent, but it's still difficult for me to advocate for myself when it comes to challenging a practitioner's better judgement. It looks like I'll have to get used to it, however....

Oh and I'm so sorry that you lost all of your typing! I detest that... I always copy and paste my messages into a word document (if I remember to do so). The trick is remembering to remember ha ha...

School starts tomorrow... I welcome the distraction but I am so not ready! Wish me luck. I will most certainly keep you posted. You will likely see me on this forum a bit more...

Take care and I hope you have a wonderful night - Thank you again for going through so much trouble to type out all this information for me. It's very much appreciated!
Hi Catfish, It was 1996 that I actually got rsd-the only thing I was given was pain medication-possibly anti-inflammatory med. Then when I was diagnosed in 2002-the neuro started me on neurotin. That was gradually increased as spread and the spasms, electric shocks etc. Then cymbalta was added as well as lorazepam along with ambien and increased vicodin. My 3rd neurologist oversaw my treatment 6-7 years. He changed dosage, but stayed with those meds until he decided to change from neurotin to lyrica. He also changed from cymbalta to mirtazapine. Then in June 2011, I started reducing doses and in about 4 months went off all meds except my blood pressure, heart med (reduce heart rate) and mirtazapine. I had a heart attack in June 2011. I did this under Dr. supervision.
Hope you get some good info from support group people there in Portland. I would think it's possible they would know the 'most known' drs in the area.
Wish you well in your nursing degree. How is your foot/toes/leg? Are you still getting some symptoms in your right foot? How is your touch sensitivity? I don't have major swelling, but still use epsom salt in bath.
Take care, loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote