View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 06:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Kelli,

Yikes, I looked up rectocele on the Mayo Clinic and WebMd websites, and I cannot rule out such a possibility. I had a total abdominal hysterectomy in the past, perhaps some damage to the pelvic muscles occurred then. Rectocele sounds dreadful--its bad enough for you to already have the spine issues you are facing.

My condition is wreaking havoc on me. I wake up over 10 plus times a night in the past couple of weeks to my butt and rectum having spasms--more like twitches, but for some reason, my behind remains tightened up all the time--it does not relax. I have never had a muscle group remain tightened up for no more than say 30 seconds--my butt has been going on for days as if set in stone. It is beginning to hurt simply from not relaxing. My lower back/legs is now stinging with pain; whereas before, exercises and chiropractic sessions kept my pain under pretty good control.

I am going to schedule another visit with my primary or with a gynecologist. I also see my chiropractor this week, and I did inform him about this in "hazy terms"; something to the effect of "tension in the buttocks". I feel like you do, that my spine issues is somehow contributing. My hysterectomy was nearly a decade ago, but I never experienced a problem with it before--maybe the pelvic region has gradually weakened from it.

Kelli, where you diagnosed by a gastroenterologist or gynecologist? Did you or do you experience spasms? How effective is pelvic floor exercises in reducing symptoms? I hope I am not asking too many questions, its hard to find someone with a similar situation who also has back problems. Thank you Kelli for your help!

Beth Ann
baldeagle9 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote