View Single Post
Old 05-06-2007, 10:43 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Ugh. Sorbitol, I won't go near it. Worse than Miralax for me.
And I won't go near the fish oil again. This morning (I just came back from coffee at Dunkin Donuts (that's my Sunday morning indulgence and I was supposed to meet up with Alan, getting off his nigh watchman shift (he only works fri nights and Saturday nights). Well he calls me at 8:30 a.m. and says "the person never relieved me, so I called in and they want me to do a double shift". I said "is your foot alright (it did look fine yesterday when I checked it), and he said "oh, I'm fine, don't worry". So he'll do an extra shift. And I'll pamper him when he comes home and he can stay off his feet until next friday night. He goes back to podiatrist next thursday.

Soon as I came home, I did MY THING, like I do every morning after my cup of morning coffee. Nice and normal, thank goodness.

And Mrs. D. You knew a person WHO TOOK 13 FISH OILS IN ONE DAY! ? I would be in the hospital. I would also be 50 lbs lighter. my oh my!!!!

NOW I HAVE TO ASK A QUESTION ABOUT STATIC ELECTRICITY. I have no idea if this relates to my having PN but I have to tell you guys what happened and if any of you can explain this phenomenon to me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Two weeks ago, a brand new laundromat opened up near me. I went the first time. When I finished washing the clothes I put them in the big dryer that they have. When it was all finished, I put my hands in to take out my clothes, and I touched the inside of the machine. I got shocked. I touched my clothes, I got shocked. I kept getting shocked. I started yelling "jeez, why am I getting shocked." Now I know what static electricity is, for example, you walk across a rug, touch a handle on a door and you get a shock, I assume we have all had that happen to us once in a while.

There was no rug in this store. I did not use any dryer sheets (like Bounce for example), nor did I use fabric softner in my wash. Just regular Tide or a facsimile.

So after that first experience, I chalked it up to a random thing.

WELL, YESTERDAY IT HAPPENED AGAIN.!! I put my clothes in the dryer. I dry my clothes. (I forgot what previously happened with the shocking thing) and I reached in and BAM, I got a shock. I immediately called the lady who owns the laundromat who is chinese and speaks no english whatsoever and I'm trying to show her what a shock feels like and she burst out laughing. She then puts her hands in the machine (she got no shock), she touches my clothes (she got no shock). I then accidentaly (I was wearing my blue denim jacket), I accidentally brushed up against the machine and BAM, I got a shock.

Now this is no joke!!!! Why am I getting shocked??? I just got off the phone with my friend and I told her the story and she said "the machines are not grounded properly". She's married to an electrician. Now I have no idea if they are grounded properly or IF I'M JUST A PERSON WHO IS ELECTRIC.!!!

This morning, I went to buy the dryer sheets and next time, I'll put two of these dryer sheets in the dryer and we'll see what happens.

I know I have a bubbly personality but ELECTRIC???? jeez...

Anybody else have this happen to them??????

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote