Thread: Am I disabled?
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 07:55 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hello catch

What you describe is the hardest part of the whole issue regarding getting disability. I had some help from my family while I waited the 4 years. I also went to my local church, and an agency that paid my electric bill a few times. A friend paid for my phone. I sought every agency I could to get the help. I live in Hot florida, and would have died in the heat and all. There are emergency numbers that can give out information on where to get help. I also went to a womens center, and scouted out help there too. My congressman got involved , to try and speed up the process.
If you can get a little help from your family during this time, It would be a blessing. I am so sorry you have to go through all this. So many of us have. If it were not for my son, I would not be in this home. As it is, I have to sell it eventually. It has already been on the market with no luck as it didn't meet codes with my roof. I too don't always know how to make ends meet. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (02-11-2013)