View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 12:46 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused New here --FIL w/PD and dementia?

Hi, hope it's okay to be here even though I'm not a person with PD. I'm not exactly a caregiver either, so not sure where I belong but I need help!

My FIL is 87, dx 10+ yrs ago. He's been home all this time with my MIL with no home help except two days of day program - thank goodness for both of them. He has been struggling with communication for a long time now, but has always been "in there", eats like a horse, relatively slow progression all things considered. Two weeks ago my partner and her sibs (they live west coast, we live 3hrs away mid-Atlantic) were home for his bday. He talked about being worn out, discouraged, depressed, and suicidal. Totally understandable to me! The he started paranoid delisional statements. By last Sunday my MIL called and told my partner: come now. She never asks for help. Long story long (sorry) he has been in hosp since last Mon, more delusions, paranoia, personality changes, etc. I need help understanding what is going in and if it means that he is going to die soon. Sorry. It's just my biggest fear. Very sad and scary. Why would it just start?

Thank you for your patience in reading this far and any help! This seems like a very loving place. Thanks! Ann
anninva is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote