View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 10:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleydachs View Post
Wow Karen and Leesa. Thank you sooooo much for your replies. A friend had a walker she wasn't using and while the cane was good, the walker is CADILLAC! Much easier getting around.

About the incontinence, after talking to hubby about this, we have decided that it isn't TRUE incontinence where I'm leaking all the time. It's more of an issue that when I have to go.....like when I wake up....that I just can't get there fast enough. Still, the diaper makes me feel more comfortable just in case I can't make it.

Doc says due to insurance that I must have an xray FIRST before an MRI. Funny how some folks can get an MRI at the blink of an eye who have a hangnail. Ah, but don't get me started. Pain pills seems to be kicking in more today and I charted them so I don't overdo.

Leesa, I'm on the same page as you. I think a neuro doc would deal better with this than an Orthopedist. I just don't have a lot of faith in my GP right now and, indeed, may be changing docs. Fortunately I have a PPO that allows me to self-refer. I've always kind of thought with other things I went to her with that she was thinking I'm way too dramatic bordering on hypochondriac. I have some other muscle/nerve problems that I've had more than one doc say could benefit possibly from a Neurologist. Problem here is we are a small town that it takes forever to get into any doctor the first time...if they are accepting new patients at all. Also, I don't drive due to a vision disability but because I have no certification from a health provider, I'm not eligible to ride the Ride On bus that takes seniors and other "certified" disabled people to their doctors. Asked my GP about this and again she played dumb and said she didn't know how that worked getting certified for this service. So, I've got my homework cut out for me. The good news is, if I have another week to rest, perhaps....just perhaps I may be able to go back to work......as long as I can bring my Cadillac walker with me.

Now I'm off to read to see if I can give support to any here needing it. Thanks again for all your wonderful input.
Hi, I didn't see this reply, until now. I'm so glad to hear that you have a Cadillac, now. LOL. GREAT!

I began wondering if possibly you had a tick bite or something. Do you know? in case it could be Lyme's...

Something that helped me a lot with peeing issues was Turmeric. I started using it when I got a rash of small, white pimples... I had tried dusting with baking soda to get rid of a lot of brown spots... I forget their medical name... Ah, I remember, sebacious keritosis. It worked well for some, but dusting under my breasts caused this rash outbreak. When I looked online I found that a lot of people experienced that same thing, but in relation to exercising.

Then I found that Turmeric was recommended for boils. Apparently ingesting turmeric reduced or got rid of boils, so I bought a small bottle from the grocery store. It helped almost immediately, so since then I've been buying it by the pound and using it in a lot of my cooking, plus I buy turmeric in capsules and take those.

The two things that Turmeric has helped with in an ongoing way are lactose intolerance, which is non existent for me if I'm using Turmeric, and... the peeing issue. It has vastly reduced that sense of urgency and the difficulty "holding it" when I wake up in the morning.

By the way, did you try Methylcobalamin sublinguals?

Karen