View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 01:43 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

MOMMYMBD,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. Wow, that sounds like more than a minor car wreck.

Your symptoms sound like a common mix of PCS and whiplash. You will likely benefit from the help of a Neuro-Ophthalmologist. You also need some special care of your neck and specifically your upper neck. Have you had a CT or MRI of your upper neck? Imaging your upper neck with your head turned sharply to the right and to the left will be helpful to show any instability.

You don't say where you are or if you have an attorney. You need to be very careful about who you let diagnose and treat you. You also need a very knowledgeable attorney. Check out www.tbilaw.com and www.subtlebraininjury.com to learn the risks of being diagnosed by the wrong professional.

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but based on experience, you are likely very early in your diagnostics, treatment and recovery. Don't let anybody try to minimize your condition. You would benefit from taking extended time off work to focus on quiet rest and recovery. I know how hard it is to take time off work but delaying your recovery is not a good idea.

I believe in chiros but I also know that there is a night and day difference between those who go through the motions for the fees and those who truly can facilitate healing. If your chiro has not had you icing your neck regularly, you are not getting the best care.

Please tell us where you are so we can refer you to possible help.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote