View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 03:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you Mark. I appreciate being anywhere that people can get the jist of all that I am dealing with!

I had a neck MRI at the very early weeks, it was severely blurry due to muscle spasms but my neurologist didn't think that required revisiting. I had a CT done a few months after the wreck which still showed signs of the concussion but nothing more serious. I have not had any imaging like what you are refering to. I had a normal EKG, MRI of the brain with and without contrasts, and then the one of the neck. The only test that has shown anythin gbeyond the concussion was a swallow test my pcp had me do which showed that my Thyroid was enlarged due to th emuscles swelling around it. I had stopped seeing the chiropractor after the whiplast seemed to take over and the muscles all but failed in my neck. I was sent to a muscular therapist who worked them back to strength and continue to see the massage therapist in the chirpractic which does allignments that way since I have been warned against ever having neck adjustments again.

I had established with an attorney long before the symptoms got as bad as they are, and they are still in route of a settlement but at this point I am allowed to see whomever I need to. They're wanting a note from someone with a final diagnosis explaining my symptoms or else it's over where we are.

MY opthamologist is a high level surgeon but not neuro-opthomology that I see. Maybe that's where I should change route. My vision is not bad but blurry and unfocused and has a tendancy to get worse in light changes or long exposure to one light setting.

I took a while off of work, more my the fact that I was blacking out driving for a long time but I cannot take much time off now. I have been told to ice my neck, and have on occasion but it tends to make me more dizzy than is helpful. I had my head tilted down when I was hit, messing with my nails as I had been at the light for a bit so the damage was to the lower region of my brain mostly so that may be the reasoning behind that.

Sorry if that is all jumbled... brain damage
MOMMYMBD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote