View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 09:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Limpy, When you say the muscles that are needed for breathing "clamp down", what does that look like? Is it like a spasm? How would you describe it? This may be unrelated, but for 3-4 years, I've had a muscle spasms/tightness in leg that wouldn’t release or relax no matter what I did. Ist a LEMS symptom?

Can anyone tell me if there's any symptomatic difference between MG & LEMS (other than the muscles become temporarily stronger with repeated stimulation)?

bny806, 40% of people with LEMS who don't have cancer test negative for the VGCC antibody?!! Where did you get that information? I'd like to read more about it, please! (I got stronger on repeat stimulation & tested neg for VGCC & feel my MG/LEMS is autoimmune-related. Does muscle atrophy not happen with MG (mine have wasted & bones are beginning to pop excessively)

I get pain in my arm & thigh and droopy eye on the side I'm sleeping on. The pain in my thigh can cause me to limp for a couple days. Is that more symptomatic of LEMS or is that also a MG symptom?

Thank you!
seishin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote