View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 09:49 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Smile Bringing it to your Doc

The edema, fluid retention, was pretty bad at 1800mg a day. I had to let Doc know. To tell you the truth, he had noticed and was keeping an eye on it. No wonder I was going through so many lab tests.

Eventually, he moved me to even more Neurontin, and the swelling was less on that one.

Yes, the nerve pain management was decent on Lyrica, and I was glad for it. Plugging up the plumbing was an issue for sure, but I never truly managed to say it was the Lyrica..... or the morphine I was also on. Both have that effect.

So.... I acquire a taste for prunes... thought I would gag, but learned they were not my enemy and the eating was not so bad. I supplemented with lots of dried apricots as well, and was able to manage things OK. This was after realizing I was not wanting to become dependent upon stool softeners.

Now I realize this all sounds like past tense, but it is true. Through spinal cord stimulation surgery, I was able ultimately to fully withdraw from all forms of medicinal pain management. I was glad of the change, but it was pretty drastic after having suffered nerve injury in a car wreck.... so, I truly hope for you the pain med route works well.

Hugzz
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (02-13-2013)