View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 02:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg neck prob View Post
Good Morning Kathy, I do think you need good neuro there is a disease called RSD --that comes from trauma esp from spinal surgery -- I think alot of people have it --you can even get it from a broken leg...etc... there is thread in here called rsd &crps click on quick links under marks forum --just a suggestion you might want to copy and paste this again in that site ...I def know its not in your head . Trust me I understand pain and even know after 4 level fusion I get nasty flare ups and the only thing that works for me is predisone ---takes awhile but it helped so much the problem is the nasty side effects. I wonder if its your white blood cell count in high. My other suggestion trust me I respect the medical community but its far from perfect. I was blown off almost a year before i could even get a mri --of neck then g.p said wow --its what i suspected all along --really u had me suffer in pain for a year sending me to chiro without having a mri --the min she got the mri results was your need to see a surgeon yesterday all 4 disc are pressed into spinal cord ---i went parlayzed on right side --surgery fixed that now...if it went any longer it would have been perm. I also had cancer kept going for a year complaining before i got pet scan then --wow --i was in surgery that same week. Now my g.p never questions anything I say . My point telling you all this is to obtain all your medical records blood work, mri , even surgery report. I learned the hard way you have to be your own advocate. Im just so very sorry your dealing with so much pain this needs to be addressed ...u need to fight for your rights not to be in pain. We show our animals more compassion then some of these docs show there patients.
Hi Kathy,

I am sorry to read about your ongoing and increasing problems. It sounds like the care you have had so far has generally been fragmented and only addressing the acute issue de jour. It really sounds like you need a good doc to comprehensively review all tests that have or have not been done and look at the bigger picture and not just try to alleviate an isolated symptom.

While it would stand to reason that a microdiscectomy would be done for a known disc lesion and a reduction of leg pain would be an appropriate response, it is concerning that none of your other widespread symptoms have been addressed. There may be one common cause or multiple that are contributory. And judging by your first post, your upper extremities are affected as well?

Cervical and then thoracic discs (while rare) can certainly be a source of back and lower extremity problems and should be considered. But when I hear that blood tests have been done for "everything" (an impossibility but I understand your point) I start thinking that you need to approach your overseer and start looking at other contributing issues like metabolic eitiology, polyneuropathys, demyelinating diseases and even environmental exposures that could be contributing to your plight. Yours is certainly a complicated problem(s) and likely will require you to aggressively involve yourself in the decision making process, especially considering how the NHS functions. Good luck, and keep us posted!
Dubious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
KathyUK (02-20-2013), mg neck prob (02-13-2013)