View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 08:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspennyloafer View Post
and i think we're 4x more likely to develop ms than the avg person
They were looking at me for Ehler Danlos syndrome for awhile but because there's no real treatment for it and the test is costly. I know I was tested for a bunch of connective tissue disorders while on the search for my TOS diagnosis and nothing came back positive. However, as far as hypermobility goes, I'm absolutely positive that's something I have. I can easily reach up behind my back and touch the base of my skull, the discs in my spine can be wiggled 2 inches either way, I'm fully capable of licking my elbow (Snapple cap said it was impossible so I had to try) and all of this is after 2 shoulder surgeries to correct multidirectional instability (due to hypermobility) and my TOS surgery. I have a lot of range of motion that I'm getting from my body not working properly. I'm pretty sure a lot of my muscle knots come from it and it's fully possible that TOS was caused by it.
I was reading the symptom list of POTS and it's eerie. I'd love to be pointed in the direction of where to go from here. What doctor looks into this? What tests can be done? Perhaps this is what's causing my extreme fatigue instead of the TOS!
LiveLoveandTrust is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote