View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 09:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default syncope-(passing out)

Does anyone have suggestions for syncope or pre syncope. It happened again this morning-it happens so fast I bearly got to sit down. I took my blood pressure and it was 86/51 pulse 61 I didn't pass out this time-- start sweating, lose hearing, get nauseous I've had as low as 60/40. Four hours later it was 127/70 pulse 71
normal for me. I have totally passed out-paramedics couldn't find pulse or heart rate- was in icu 4 days. This was in 05. It happens at home, at friends house, in the mall, in restaurant --never know when. I went a long time with it not happening, but last few months have had several spells. My doc says vasovagal syncope.I did go off lorazepam and vicodin. a year a go. I also can go the 'other' direction with blood pressure and heart rate- 185/110 pulse 112 I'm on blood pressure med and heart rate med and usually it stays good. It is the surprises in both direction that is hard to deal with.
I did have a heart attack a year ago. I'm 64-rsd since 96-now generalized and full body.
I understand the rsd autonomic part-just wondering if anyone this happens to has any suggestions???
Thanks ahead for any responses. Take care, loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote