View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 10:59 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Jeanie,

I am glad this dentist did not try to be hero and attempt to extract these teeth himself. He was wise to refer you to an oral surgeon.

Sometimes the insurance company will make an exception when the patient is diabetic and there is a bone infection from abscessed teeth. Ask the oral surgeons office to write a surgical report (after the teeth are removed) so you can send a copy with the bill to your insurance company. This may mean that you have to put the money out at the time of the oral surgery but may be reimbursed by the insurance company.

When you see the oral surgeon on friday... ask him if he feels these teeth are a serious health risk especially due to your diabetes. Tell him you have sought treatment from other dentists but they obviously did not inform you properly and you've been ill and suffering. If he feels you should not wait and he can treat you then or at a sooner date than March, he will.

Jeanie.... stay strong and think positive. To help get yourself ready for the oral surgery, it is a good time to prepare a post operative meal plan of soft foods.... homemade soups, fruit/veggie smoothies, eggs, stock up on filtered water... it is best to be prepared ahead of time so that you do not have to think about any of that when the time comes.

Please know that we are all thinking about you and hopeful that this dentist will take care of you very soon.

Keep in touch with us... ok...
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanie.F View Post
Hi Bryanna,

I was at the dentist today after 7 days of antibiotics and was ready for extractions. He was a lovely man and agreed completely that I need these teeth out. He said he was going to do an xray and then get things ready.

But when he called me back in to look at the xray he said that the original rct tooth had a huge abscess attached to the end along with infection in the recently rct'd tooth beside it. He said the roots were quite bad looking and he wouldnt touch them and gave me the name of a few oral surgeons. I was told to ring my insurance to see which ones were covered, then contact him with who I was going with so he could email them xrays etc.

I rang my insurance and there was confusion about where I was covered, then thought it was sorted, picked an oral surgeon who is seeing me for a consultation on Friday. But when I rang my insurance back to double check, they said I wasnt covered at all as I was only covered for impacted wisdom teeth. I tried explaining how this is more serious then impacted wisdom teeth but dont think that was much help. I am waiting to hear back again tomorrow for definate from them.

The secretary of the oral surgeon said that he could see me for consultation friday but he had no surgical appointments available until March. I explained that I was diabetic and had been sick for weeks with infection etc and she said well come in and we'l see.

Anyway Im home now exhausted from lots of train travel, phone calls and crying from frustration and stress.

Just thought Id update you and thank you for your support again.

xx
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote