View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 11:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi,
Just wanted to update everyone on my progress. It's been 6 months since I've been off lyrica completely. The month of December was horrible with withdrawal, but I had a few really good weeks in January with feeling almost back to normal. Unfortunately once February came I had a relapse of withdrawal. The worst of it is the nausea and upset stomach, and hot flashes. But I think I'm still getting better BC the anxiety has diminished and my hair is growing back. (I suffered hair loss as a result of going off lyrica). And my sleep is getting better, and my energy level is improving.
I'm glad I decided to get off lyrica. It's a horrible drug and I can't believe how impactful and devastating it has been on me the past 8 months (which is when I first started to taper down). You could not pay to ever take this drug again.
Word of advice: taper slowly and for a long time. I thought two months of tapering was long enough but it wasn't and I think it's been more difficult on my body to adjust to being without it.
lyricahelp is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote