View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 11:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOMMYMBD View Post
Hey there! I'm here out of deperation, 8 months into Post Concussive Syndrome due to a wreck where I was rear ended at a stop light by a F350 utility van going at least 55. I was fine for a while, sore and under chiropractic care but a month later I was diagnosed with severe PCS and muscle failure in my neck that took months to rebuild. I am here now with a sense of humor about the fact that my head feels like a giant baloon being squeezed from the bottom by my ever tightening neck muscles, vision damage, optical trauma, muscular damage, weakness in my right side and just all around Disorientation and fogginess.

All in all yes, I am feeling "better"... but I have such a long way to go it gets hopeless feeling some times. I have my good days and bad where I tend to fight tears which definitely doesn't help the ever present headache. I am an eternal optimist though, what doesn't kill me better run, and fast!
Hi and Welcome, thank you for sharing your last 8 months history. Your life turned upside down on that day. For some, like you, it is an accident, for others it's a diagnosis of a disease or disorder. But it's all life altering and traumatic.
I'm sure you will find a lot of encouragement and support here on NT. We especially need it when going thru health issues.
I have found so much support here and educational information. Know you will find the same. Take care, loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (02-14-2013), MOMMYMBD (02-14-2013)