Thread: Tingling
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2007, 02:04 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Sue:

We met 27 years ago through mutual friends. I got his number, I called him up. We spoke on the phone, he said he was a P.I. I said "What's a Pi???? And he burst out laughing and he said "I'm a Private Investigator". I said "Oh, like Magnum PI???" and he said "exactly, but it doesn't pay what Magnum gets".

We arranged for a date. He came to my door, took one look at me, fell head over heels (I'm not kidding, that's what I looked like at 30 years old). I used to look like Elizabeth Taylor, but now that I'm almost 60, well maybe I look like a 60 year old Elizabeth Taylor, lol).

Anyway, we eloped 3 months later. We were both around 32 at the time.

Oh, you'll fine this interesting. I'm a second wife. Alan was married at age 24 to a woman who left him while he was was on reserves in the army. She cleaned out his bank account and he came home to nothing. They were only married 3 months. Imagine that happening to you??? He lost everything and had to move back home with his dad. His mom had died of Guillian Barre Complications before his marriage.

Anyway, it took him a long time to trust any woman and he was engaged 3 times till he married me. His family didn't even give us any wedding presents because they thought he was a flake who couldn't stay married. I mean, look at his track record.

I will never forget after we married and we went to the bank to open up a joint bank account. He told the clerk "I want her name on it but I don't want her to be able to take any money out without my signature" The lady gave him a look but I laughed out loud. I knew what his first wife had done to him. The lady told him "Listen to me, sir, you married this woman, you better start trusting her". So he put my name on the account too!!!!!

Guess what happened after one year??? We had Frank, and Frank must have been 5 months old. We had a fight and I went to visit my girlfriend for the day. I called up Alan to see if he had calmed down and he said "you mean you didn't leave me?" I said "are you crazy?" and he said (quite humbly), "then I better go back and put all the money back in the bank".

He thought, because we had a fight, that I would run to the bank and clean him out like his first wife did, so he thought he would beat me to it and he cleaned it out first.

I yelled at him and said "don't you dare do anything like that to me again"!!!!. He never did. Believe me, this guy had to learn how to trust again.

And he did. Been 27 years now. While we don't have a lot of money in the bank, it's still there......lol

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote