View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 01:22 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Brain patch,

It sounds like your attorney may have used the wrong disabilities as your primary disability. The mental health qualifiers in the Blue Book sound appropriate for you. The NPA will help demonstrate your mental condition. It is a NeuroPsychological Assessment not NeuroPsychiatric. Easy error, especially with a brain injury.

You may benefit from an follow up assessment by a vocational/occupational psychologist. SSA brought a occupational psychologist to my alj hearing and he read the NPA and labeled me as incompatible with a work environment. My lack of visual and audio memory functions were not considered even though we thought they would be the strongest qualifiers.

I was denied twice before getting approved at almost 3 years from my first application. One week shy of 3 years.

My attorney knew to let the pros and judge control the testimony. She just was ready with data and simple comments. She made a fortune ($5400 ) for saying almost nothing.

Have you been through your states Vocational Rehab Assessment ? This can determine that the state does not have a occupation that fits your remaining skills.

It sounds like you may run into the same problem I have. My reduced income as I tried to keep working caused my final monthly benefit to be substantially less. Your attorney has his work cut out to date your disability back adequately.

As others said, relax, let the tests speak for you.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brain patch (02-14-2013)