View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 07:18 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Question

Loretta, I have to ask what blood pressure drug you take.

The reason is that I had a severe reaction recently to a long time medication for me... lisinopril.

I was having a severe reaction to it and didn't realize it. One of the symptoms was this "going to pass out" feeling...and a strange rush of lightheadedness when I sat down after walking around.

This was due to excess bradykinin levels, which dilate blood vessels, when they dump into the blood. All ACE inhibitors have this potential... and it doesn't matter if you appear adjusted on them over time. So are you on an ACE inhibitor? People vary in how efficiently they can remove the bradykinin from the body.
Those with slow metabolizing systems, can have the bradykinin build up and a "spell" can occur.

I also developed a drug induced lupus, which affected my joints.
Never underestimate therefore drugs that seem common, like heart medications and blood pressure drugs. Many of them can cause drug induced lupus. The lupus is an inflammatory reaction to certain drugs.

http://www.lupus.org/webmodules/weba...=377&zoneid=17

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote