View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 07:39 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin524 View Post
Did you quit it cold turkey?!

How long were you on it? Did you ask your doctor or the pharmacist for help with stopping it? It's one of those meds that you probably need to gradually lower the dosage for it if you were taking it a long time or at a high dose.

I took Lyrica (similar to neurontin) for two weeks and quit it cold turkey and the withdrawal really sucked. I also didnt ask for help quitting it. (couldnt break up the pills because they were capsules) Even for only taking Lyrica for two weeks, it was long enough that I had a heck of a withdrawal from it.

edited to add:

the half-life of neurontin is 5–7 hours. It should be out of your system in 2 days.
I was on it for a little over a year. The doctor and I agreed that if I wanted to find out what new symptoms/old symptoms were around; I would need to stop taking it to reaccess. I researched it & gradually lessened the dosage then skipped doses before stopping it completely. I just forgot to look up how long it takes to exit the building.

Some meds can take up to 30 days to completely clear your system; but I hadn't ever dealt personally with anything stronger than an antibiotic.
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (02-14-2013), tkrik (02-14-2013)