View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 09:46 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurochic View Post
Not only that, this determination is made on the basis of absolutely no evidence base or objective testing.
´The authors confuse absence of evidence with evidence of absence. They are not the same. Absence of evidence may reflect insufficient research, inadequate technology, poor methods, flawed paradigms, closed minds, or lack of clinical experience;…´

I was thinking the other day how incredible a process it really is if a person who supposedly has´conversion disorder´presents with symptoms mimicking myasthenia gravis, for example, Marry Walker phenomenon of which they may never have previously been exposed to or heard about.
That a patient can take on 99% of a disease profile without prior knowledge of that disease is really quite an extraordinary phenomenon in itself!
How can we do such amazing things? Can we really be pre-wired to manifest such exact symptoms without actually having the disease itself or relative of it?! If this is so, where are all the interesting research results, studies and reading to be found on the topic of how this process occurs?

99% MG symptoms + negative MG tests = widely accepted´accuracy´for not having MG disease

So I was looking for the tests with widely accepted accuracy for conversion disorder. Where ARE those objective tests?

Well…as usual, on a tangent I came across yet another interesting & well written article, as an entity in itself, but also controversial
if you read about the alternative forms of treatment recommended:

http://mpkb.org/home/alternate/psychosomatic

* (above quote from this link)

Last edited by Anacrusis; 02-14-2013 at 11:02 AM.
Anacrusis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
wild_cat (02-14-2013)