View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 11:01 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Many years ago I tried to get on social security disability. The doctor who interviewed me from ssdi was a psychologist. I was going to a doctor for physical problems yet it was assumed that there was something mentally wrong with me. The psychologist brought up things in my past that I didn't want to talk about with him. I was beaten as a child and alienated from my family after I ran away at 16. Later I was beaten by my ex-husband, who I'm no longer with. Talking about this tore me up inside but it wasn't the cause of my illness. When I left the interview crying the psychologist followed me out to my car and said that I need counseling, but that it wasn't what was causing my illness. He seemed to think that something environmental was causing my illness. It's funny that a psychologist thought it was something physical and medical doctors were thinking it was something psychological. Maybe the Psychologists need to stick to psychology and the medical doctors to the physical. I was denied ssdi but there was a note that I did have some issues.
Quandry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Anacrusis (02-14-2013), wild_cat (02-14-2013)