View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 12:07 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

@peteremond

Hi Peter,

I am doing SO MUCH better now. Thanks for asking.

After a whole lot more research, the actual root of my problem was FINALLY properly diagnosed. Although my symptoms were very similar to ON, my sternocleidomastoid muscle was the cause of those terrible God awful headaches. I get a massage weekly, and I was getting the sternocleidomastoid muscle concentrated on more, and it was a tremendous relief. When that muscle gets tight, it can cause some awful headaches, neck pain (which is where the muscle is located), shoulder pain, arm pain and other issues. If you Google it, you will find a ton of information on it. I haven't experienced any headaches in a while now (very, very thankful for that). I wish your friend the best of luck, and I hope he's able to get some relief. Please keep me posted. Take care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteremond View Post
AMW5,
I just joined NeuroTalk and saw your post. How are you doing now? My friend has Occipital Neuralgia (ON) and is about to go see Dr. Hae-Dong Jho in Pittsburgh for a consult and see if he is a candidate for his nerve decompression surgery for ON. Have you looked into this procedure? Or do you know of anyone who has gone to see Dr. Jho?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Warm regards,
Peter
amw5 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote